SCI IF= 11.190 이창우 교수
(2013년도기준) (의대 분자세포생물학/SAIHST겸직)
Hepatology. 2015 Oct 12. doi: 10.1002/hep
.28281. [Epub ahead of print]
Hepatocyte homeostasis for chromosome ploidization and liver function is regulated by Ssu72 protein phosphatase.
Kim SH1, Jeon Y1,2, Kim HS1, Lee JK3, Lim HJ2, Kang D1, Cho H4, Park CK5, Lee H2, Lee CW1,3.
- 1Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, 16419, Korea.
- 2Graduate School of Cancer Science and Policy, Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Goyang, 10408, Korea.
- 3Department of Health Sciences and Technology, SAIHST, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, 06351, Korea.
- 4Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, 16499, Korea.
- 5Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, 06351, Korea.
Hepatocyte chromosome polyploidization is an important feature of liver development, and seems to be required for response to liver stress and injury signals. However, the question of how polyploidization can be tightly regulated in liver growth remains to be answered. Using a conditional knock-out mouse model, the liver-specific depletion of Ssu72 protein phosphatase was found to result in impairment in regulation of polyploidization. Interestingly, the aberrant polyploidization in Ssu72-depleted mice was found to be associated with impaired liver damage response and increased markers of liver injury, and also seemed to mimic the phenotypic features of liver diseases such as fibrosis, steatosis and steatohepatitis. In addition, the depletion of Ssu72 caused deregulation of cell cycle progression by overriding the restriction-point of cell cycle and aberrantly promoting DNA endoreplication via G2/M arrest. In conclusion, our results suggest that Ssu72 plays a substantial role in maintenance of hepatic chromosome homeostasis, and would allow monitoring of liver function. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
© 2015 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Ssu72 phosphatase; chromosome ploidy; conditional knock-out mouse; liver development; non alcoholic fatty liver disease
- PMID:26458163[PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
PubMed > ▶ 논문 보기
BRIC > 한빛사논문 > 이창우 ▶ 바로가기